The Pike House
The building that is now known as the
"Pike House" was built in 1906 as part of a boys military
academy called The Coronal Institute. Then named Fisher Hall, it served
as a dorm for boys until 1923, when it was purchaced and converted into
a memorial hospital. For forty years, it served San Marcos, until, in
1963, the American Legion bought it and leased it to the Baptist Academy
as a boys' dorm. In 1969, the Pi Kappa Alpha fraternaty took possesion
of the building.
In 1983, the building
was registered as a national landmark. It remained the residence of
the Pikes until 1997, when it was sold and, for some reason, abandoned.
There are, according to rumor, legend, and reports to
police and from those living nearby, a great number of restless souls
that dwell in the now empty building. People report being poked, prodded,
touched and followed. Others report hearing voices, having the feeling
of being followed and watched. Still more talk of an old woman who sits
in the upper story window.
On to page 2 (slow loading)
On to page 3
On to page 4